Midwife. That’s not a term I would use to describe myself, but it seems to be the modern term used to explain a birth guardian that provides a set of skills for focusing on preventative maternity care and perinatal education and support.
I solidified my Christian faith through my first birth in 2008 and I have been called to share that journey ever since. I am a mom of two home-birthed and homeschooled children (breastfed each for over 2.5 years while fluctuating between working full-time, part-time, and being a SAHM & WAHM), wife to my husband which I have been with for 21 years, and lover of smiles and logic. I use social media but would rather lose service in the WV hills. You can find me on MeWe, IG, & FB.
I am a bit of an opinionated empath; strong-minded and will serve you fiercely. I love cooking on a crackling fire while staring at the sky on a warm summer night and a cold snowy day. I love tasty wholesome healthy food that makes me FEEL good and occasionally will indulge in fudgy brownies, sausage + pepper pizza, and spiked sparkling seltzer. I feel hard. I play some. My Virgo personality makes me an analytical motherly soul that thrives on philosophy with spirit swirled all around. I have my stuff like everyone. God is helping me work that out and guiding me to help you work your stuff out, too.
Midwifery is with-women in whatever way that needs to be. I’m here to help you find YOU. To remind you that “professionals” don’t know everything, science and evidence are flawed and ever-changing, but creation is incredible. I’m here to encourage you to listen to your inner voice… to Spirit. I LOVE sharing what I know. Telling my story. Educating. It was through prenatal education that my life was flipped right-side-up and it is through educating that I serve and help support you through the childbearing years.
Me in a Nutshell
- Traditional Direct-Entry Midwife by calling
- Advocate for family rights to choose however, wherever, and with whomever they want to birth and fundamentally against midwifery licensure and regulation (because telling someone what they can’t do never made something more accessible to those who need it most)
- Guide of Happy Healthy Birth in all ways, for all people, in all birth locations
- Educationally focused,YOU-centered prenatals
- Doula since 2016
- Breastfeeding & Babywearing Guru – Leading the Mid-Ohio Valley Breastfeeding, Birth, & Parenting Social since 2010 and assessing Oral Restrictions including Tongue & Lip Ties
- Perinatal Mentor & Educator – Founder of Esali Birth Perinatal Education in 2009
- Rebozo is an extension of my arms and I love drawing on bellies, too
- Herbal, Nutritional & Functional Wellness Counselor (including TTC and fertility support)
- Nutritious Movement Aware
- Psychology focus helping to prevent and care for perinatal mood disorders
- Photographer (Commercial & Journalistic)
Education & Experience
- Midwifery care to 65+ families
- Prenatal & Postpartum Care to 75+ Families
- Self-Study & Workshop-Based Education
- Apprenticeship in Midwifery beginning in 2012, took a pause, started back in 2018 with DEM, CPM, and CNM senior midwives
- Midwife & Assistant to the Plain Communities including care at the Rio Care Plain Community Birth Center in Rio Grande, OH
- Spinning Babies Trained – 2016
- Observed at the Dr. Jack Newman International Breastfeeding Centre – 2018
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified – Maintained since 2018
- Basic Life Support Certified – Maintained since 2020
- Certified Level III Forest School Practitioner – 2018
- Graduate of Science & Art of Herbalism 3-Year Study – 2017
- Freelance Creative Designer with a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design – 2006
I am a strong advocate of educated decisions with a focus in maternal birth rights and changing the systematic cultural influences on maternity care in our modern world. It is my goal to counteract the mainstream approach by helping to build confidence and awareness in childbearing families and help you to obtain the information and resources to make respected informed decision.
My goal is that you learn to hear that voice inside you, to listen to its guidance, and birth in the way that you desire and need. It’s not about can or can’t. It’s that something is going to happen somehow, some way, and you’re there to experience it one way or another. THAT is our ONLY guarantee.
I am like a trail-buddy. I’m happy to join you on your journey, and am blessed when you are a part of mine. I can walk alongside you and remind you that the path is fairly straightforward, and while birth matters, birth is not the purpose of our journey in our time on earth. All of us experience this life journey differently. Some take a side trail now and then, even eat a wild mushroom, and sometimes God has to take us through raging rivers and over mountains to get us back. I’m here to share wisdom and comfort in those times. To share knowledge that you may find helpful for making informed decisions, how to read a map even if I’ve never seen your map before, and some ways you can climb a rock, even though your cliff is a bit different.
I can’t birth for you. I can help you see all the tool you have available to you and to remind you that everyone packs something different in their pack, and everyone will need or want a different tool to use. The passage ahead might only be big enough for one person. I might have to go ahead at times and you may take a short cut, but you take the first step.
I am a person, with a family, on a journey. Nature is our peaceful place. The forests and hills call us and most of our getaways are simple mountain seclusion. We are thankful to live in a modern culture and be able to blend ancient wisdom into our daily lifestyle. We enjoy wildcrafting, chilling in the hammock, picnicking under the trees and being immersed in the forest hiking on a trail or our backyard when I’m not anticipating the birth season of a client.
I feel called to support mothers and their families through the childbearing years and love sharing my personal experience of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, postpartum, parenting, and life and how my personal birth and support journey continues to grow my faith in and relationship with God. I am truly blessed to live this life of caring for families in the childbearing years. I support families of all backgrounds, beliefs, faiths, and daily lifestyles and support the journey that every family member experiences during this time of their life.
I’ve walked this path like so many women and families before and would be happy to support you through your journey, too, if you discover that my presence is a positive addition to your space. I look forward to meeting you and provide free web-based consultations.
Birth Knowledge Changed my Life
I thank God for providing me with the opportunity to grow in my life journey. The circumstances that led me to seek holistic birth knowledge were life changing on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. I was severely depressed, waning on the side of Prenatal Psychosis, and researching birth options kept my mind focused. Through a difficult start to my motherhood, I was lead to the most empowering and fulfilling passion I could have ever been called to experience – Birth Keeper. It was nothing less than a well laid plan and I am blessed to be here experiencing your journey with you as I continue mine.
If you’d like to see a small peek into my journey, I invite you to read my personal birth stories, and feel free to ask me about any of the choices I made, how my life influenced my experiences, and how they might lead me to future choices.